Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A Comfortable Trio of Garments for a Be-you-ti-ful Girl

I created a coordinated outfit out of soft bamboo and cotton knit for my

 be-you-ti-ful granddaughter.

 It's so soft and fluid that I know she will enjoy wearing it.

 

The first shirt that I made for her has long sleeves
that feature soft, floaty, romantic, and comfortable half bishop sleeves.
Notice how the fabric is gathered to the top of the sleeve and billows out, then is gathered again at the cuff.

 

This pattern is from a collection of patterns featured on 
Project Run and Play
called the

Project Lounge Library Capsule.

This particular pattern is the "Story." 

The second shirt was drafted from the Story pattern also. I changed the sleeves into a short cap  sleeve.


 Isn't it amazing how different a pattern can look when you just change

the style of sleeves.  Another change I made was to decrease the width of the

 neck binding to 1 3/4 inch.  The design of the fabric provided the opportunity

to use a vinyl iron-on decal to add a bit of personality to the garment.

Lastly, I made some comfortable jogger pants with a paper-bag

elastic waistline. The added waistline tie added even more to the design.




Of course, this outfit was 

"made with love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...