Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hipster Bunny Top and Paper-Bag Pants

This hipster bunny was just waiting in my fabric stash to be a "something special" outfit. 

 

I have been experimenting with the "Story" pattern from the Project Run and Play collection.  This time I again created the color blocked front yoke on the top front.  The placement of the yoke allows me to center the hipster bunny in just the right place. 

 I love the little cap sleeve I used, instead of the long sleeve.

The pattern does feature a sweet little curved neckline that I quite like!  My granddaughter does not like hoods, and so many patterns now days feature hoods instead of a curved neckline.

I used my coverstitch sewing machine to sew two lines of topstitching. This topstitching keeps the neckline flat and is a fun design element too. As you can see, I reduced the width of the neckline ribbing a lot. I wanted just a hint of the aqua blue....


 


I hemmed the shirt instead of using a rib band at the bottom, because I wanted it to be tucked into the waist of the coordinating paper bag pants.


These comfortable pants feature elastic at the waist and hemline.  Easy on and so comfortable to wear in this cotton/spandex knit fabric. 

I centered a bunny on each of the back pockets.

These long narrow pockets in the front add just the right amount of punch.  I banded the pockets with thin strips of the XXX fabric. 

I hope you enjoyed see my "One of a Kind" creation.

Smiles,

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...