Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Valentine Shirt with a Hidden Surprise

This top started with "The Story" pattern from the 

Project Run and Play Library.


 I hacked the pattern slightly by color-blocking the
 shirt front and creating a yoke.
Next, I removed the gathering at the top of the sleeve seam and kept the gathering at the lower cuff area on the sleeve. 
I like how the sleeve gently billowed out at the cuff.
Lastly, I decreased the width of the neck binding.
 
To personalize this Valentine shirt for my granddaughter
I embroidered the individual letters
of her name onto some of the hearts in the jar.

I think I am not going to mention it to her and
see if she notices what I've done
all on her own.  
Smiles,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...