Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Upholstered Ottoman: My First Project

I've always wanted to learn to upholster, but I can't find a teacher.  So, with the help of a new friend, I recovered this ottoman.

I bought the original ottoman at an estate sale because the wood frame was so solid and well made.  

Hours and hours were invested, but I think the finished product turned out well... and a new electric staple gun promises more projects in the future.
I know this photo looks very one tone, but the walls are 2 different shades of greyed green, and the carpet is a greyed green too.When we moved into this house the walls were painted a much more vibrant green, and I wanted to rip up perfectly fine wool carpeting because I didn't like the color.

Now I like the soothing feeling of the room. 

Smiles,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...