Monday, November 12, 2012

Adding a Bit More Color

I went back to the store and bought a few colorful picks for about $1.00 each. In order to raise them to the height that I needed, I made these wire extensions out of coat hangers.

I covered the twisted metal coat hanger with electrical tape to give it more strength and so it would also blend into the pine branches.  Next, I twisted the pick onto the top of the covered wire, and then recovered that exposed wire again.




 Now, I have more additional color and at a reasonable cost.  I even found some little red sparkly birds that I wound around the tops of individual branches.

 
Here is how the completed planters look on my front porch.
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...