1. I totally made the skirt ... but I just adapted the knit shirt that I bought at Gymboree.
I designed the skirt for my 3 year old granddaughter, but when I sewed it all together, it fit my 6 year old granddaughter.
2. I made boot leggings out of the cut off sleeves from the knit shirt to wear with her red cowgirl boots.. (Which was kind of crazy.)
3. My house is a disaster since we bought a new house this week, and I've got boxes, and ten million mortgage details that I had to deal with for the closing also. And my husband was understanding enough to let me sew in the middle of the mess.
4. I like dots and stripes, but I had a watch out that I didn't go crazy and turn out little "Clown Outfits." I made the matching headband.
5. I bought the sweater at Gymboree too and fancied it up for the skirt... as it was marked down to $2.99 and I couldn't resist.
6. So I then had to promise my 3 year old granddaughter that I will make the next challenge project for her. That will be interesting since it's the "boys" challenge.
This skirt isn't really my best 100% effort, but you are going to LOVE my Valentine creation, and what I am doing with 2 of my husband's dress shirts for that challenge.
P.S. I've been promised a craft/sewing room/area in the new house. (My husband hopes it will contain my pins and thread bits to one room of the house.)