Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

From Grandfather's Shirts to a Shirt and Skirt for ME

Hurrah, my Grandmother turned 2 of my Grandfather's shirts into this top and skirt just for me!

I saw her working late on her sewing machine. I just knew it would turn out great. Look how she used the collar ends to decorate the front of my shirt.

Look at my flutter sleeves(that's what Grandma calls them). They are made from the front of Grandfather's shirt. One side has buttonholes and the other side the buttons. Isn't that funny!


See how my shirt and skirt together look like a dress. It's just like two layers of big ruffles.


Oops, I got some chocolate on my hands from the tea party.

This is the back of my skirt and top.  See the tab and button from Grandfather's shirt. I liked this dotted red ribbon and Grandmother added it just for me.  She said I was "quite a designer."

Now that you've seen my outfit, here is my sister and I together. We are going to have a little party to celebrate our new outfits and the fact that we are home from school today.  It's -9 degrees outside and -30 when the wind blows. 

That's okay because I like staying home and playing with my sister.






5 comments:

  1. I love the use of the collars! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those triangles look cool on the top- almost like a chevron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The triangles are made from the collar points from the men's shirt.
      Deborah

      Delete
  3. oh my... love the buttons on the back... so feminine for coming from a mens shirt {or two!!!} Beautiful. I love this week's challenge. I also linked up;o) a recycled sweater! Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...