Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hedgehog Watercolor T-shirt

Watercolors seem to softly flow onto the artist's paper. So when challenged to create a garment influenced by art, I knew I would be influenced by my love for watercolors.















In addition, I wanted to be an artist too, and try to create with my sewing machine instead of a brush.

Tiny little strips of knit fabric and thread became my artist medium.
My little hedgehog rests quietly on the 2-color lower band. Tiny strips of the print knit fabric make up the hedgehogs fur with thread top stitching to add even more texture.

My shirt featured 3 components: a watercolor print panel, watercolor geometric print, and a solid mustard 
gold cotton Lyra fabric.




 Of course, I like to color block the sleeves for added interest.
 Sewing each individual pin tuck. Photo of the finished tucked panel.
 Trimming off the excess fabric to fit the sleeve.





 Cutting the fabric needed for the remanding lower sleeve.
 Sewing on the lower sleeve to the tucked panel.

 Those tucks really add interest and are so worth the effort.
Smiles,
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. I always love your stuff Deborah! I may want this in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karly,
      I bet it's those pin tucked sleeves... I'm thinking of making one of the shirts with those sleeves for myself. They are not hard, just time consuming.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope my photos showed you how easy the process is, and made you want to try it on your next project. I've seen some of your work and it's definitely within your sewing ability! The iron is the best tool you can have when sewing those tucks.

      Delete
  3. Another wonderful creation! I love your little hedgehog art work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. That hedgehog made me smile the whole time I was sewing it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...