Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Sewing Technology That Lets You Be an Artist


Today's technology has found it's way into the sewing room and given home sewers the opportunity to become an artist as they create garments for the people that they love. 

That's exactly how I felt as I created this one of a kind t-shirt for my pre-teen granddaughter. 






 Little details, like these grommet background Mickey silhouettes, were my brushstrokes on the canvas of my creation.

 Color blocking a plain hoodie pattern added dimension and interest.






 Of course, we had to include Minnie on the garment too.  

There are many ways to be an artist, and technology has made a huge difference in the way today's home sewers can express their own unique sense of color, design, and texture.  


Smiles,
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Your special designs for your granddaughters are awesome! They are truly works of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, my daughter says that sewing and designing garments for people I love is my "love language." Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...