Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Dare: Sewed in Bra Form in a Romantic Sundress for a Pre-teen



My granddaughter is growing up.
I just made her this flowing sundress
and I DARED to insert a 
foam bra form into the lining.

This is a first for me.
I ordered the bra forms on Amazon because I knew that she couldn't wear a bra with the tiny straps that emerge from the bodice front shoulder area and thread through a small loop in the back bodice. 
 4 rows of inserted elastic form the back bodice.
 I only sewed the skirt to the back bodice, and finished the lining edge with my serger.
This dress features a high to low hem line.  
This is the second time that I've made this dress, but I learned my lesson after the first dress!!!
I chose a fabric in which the color is the same on the front and the back.  Last time the print was only on the front of the fabric, so I had to line the whole skirt of the dress.  More expense and so much more work and weight on the final garment. 
This one has even more flow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...