Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Mudroom Remodel: Walls and Storage Crates

Image result for hanging drywallSince I tore out the bar that was previously in the mudroom area, I had to add studs and drywall to the wall. The previous owner of this house had cut out an arch in the wall for the bar.  So my son-in-law helped me "sister"  new studs to the existing stud parts that were in the wall.  Then we had to screw on 4 sheets of drywall.  I never could have done that by myself, sheets of drywall are just too heavy for me to handle. I did learn that you hang drywall horizontally with the seam in the middle. 

Why does HGTV make it look so easy?

Today, I was painting stripes on the crates for the coat lockers shelves.  I added red, brown, and golden yellow stripes to
coordinate with the floor. I taped off the stripes with painters tape and then added multiple layers of paint to achieve the depth of color that I was looking for. Lastly, I sprayed on clear sealer over the front to the crate to make the paint more durable.

Well, I have to go work on the drywall mud taping..... another adventure awaits. 

Smiles,
Deborah



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...