Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

My Mannequin Dress Form Christmas Tree

I've been dreaming of creating a Christmas Tree using a Mannequin Dress Form.  A local interior designer, Joyce Konstantinow, who is the owner of Blooms and Rooms in McHenry gave me the opportunity to create this original design.



Look at this beautiful bustle made with 
a sheer champagne ribbon
 and burlap ribbon.





Here I am creating ... "Glorious."  (Of course, we had to name her.) The next layer added some sheer ribbon curls that peeked out of the pine garlands and battery powered twinkle cool white lights.

(If you want a few more details about how this Christmas Tree was created, I wrote another post about it.  Just CLICK HERE to read more about creating this project.)

October 2016 Update:  I just finished my New Christmas Tree Mannequin design: The Woodland Fairy. I posted about it here. 

Smiles,
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah I love, love everything about your design. I would love to make something like this for our annual neighborhood Christmas tree contest. I know it would be a huge hit. Great job, especially the top of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so fun to see walking into a shop. It's good to start a shopping experience with a smile :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas cheer coming from your décor there! Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, how did you create the layers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the last picture, notice the wide burlap ribbon around the waist. First that ribbon was secured and then I began hanging garlands of pine branches with a few pine cones wired into the garlands. I used corsage pins to x the garland to the ribbon, sometimes going through parts of the plastic covered wire. If I used real pine branches, I thought about using duck tape to create the waist ribbon, and then stripping the limb free of all foliage right at the end of the branch. I would then use more tape to tape the branches to the duck tape waist ribbon.
      Additional layers were created with sheer wired ribbon strands and batttery powered lights (cool lights). Part of the secret of this design is the sewn top. If you look at picture 1 you can see how the top fit over the ends of the greens, lights, and ribbons. I used commercial velcro tape to overlap the edges of the top. I also lined the top with a heavier fabric to give it strength to hold it's shape and not show the bulk under the waistline edge.
      The bustle of ribbons and fabric flower were created separately, and added as the last step to the creation of this fantasy Christmas tree.
      Deborah

      Delete
  5. Ms Deborah I love this! I am doing a tablescape and would love to do a 3 ft one as a centerpiece. And suggestions on how to accomplish this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Deborah I love this! I am doing a tablescape and would love to do a 3 ft one as a centerpiece. And suggestions on how to accomplish this?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...