Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Manniquin Christmas Tree: A Woodland Fairy

Last year, I posted about the Christmas Tree that I made using a mannequin. 

  Well, she's changing into a Woodland Fairy Christmas Tree.   


First, I started with the evergreen base that has tiny twinkle lights woven into the evergreens.






I made an apron of sorts with ribbons. Then I hand sewed silk ferns onto the ribbon bands. There are 4 different shades of ferns.
This shows the fern and ribbon apron being added to the skirt of the Christmas tree.
Remember that the evergreen base is peeking through the ferns and ribbons. I tested it, and the lights still shine through both layers.
Now to add the beautiful top. It's made with a camouflage fabric that features the woodlands trees and foliage.  Then an overlay of golden tulle softens the overall appearance.  Sandwiched between the layers are golden trim,  burlap ribbons, and preserved spanish moss. 

Next, comes the cummerbund made from Birch bark with applied moss. 

It adds that bit of elegance.  Of course the cummerbund is accented with a burlap flower, pine cones and evergreen branches.  No lady should have such a beautiful gown without a bit of jewels.
And a bit of flounce in the rear of the garment to add more whimsy and elegance.


 Isn't she a fantasy come to life...I really don't want to send her back to my client. Perhaps, I just have to enjoy our creative adventure together and send her on her way.
Smiles,
Deborah

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Deborah, such a beautiful sculptural piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shams, I'm glad that you like my Christmas Mannequin Tree. I really enjoyed creating her. I'm looking forward to seeing Paris through your eyes and viewing all those Teal color coordinated outfits. Have a wonderful time!
      Deborah @ Sew Much To Give

      Delete
  2. How pretty and unique! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah,
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. So pleased that you enjoyed my gown. Yours is absolutely lovely. I will soon start on this year's creation, keep in touch.
    Cheers,
    Anyes
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I want to be a woodland fairy for Halloween and came across this on pinterest. How did you make the fern apron? Did you get the ferns from the dollar tree?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...