Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Tye-Dyed Sundress for this Boho Babe


What's more Boho than honest-to-gosh tye-dyed fabric!
I found this fabric at a retro store, and I knew I had to have it.
I loved the soft colors with the radiant white starbursts.
   

 Looking through my box of laces from my great grandmother, I found this starburst lace.  I think this fabric and lace were meant to be together.... thanks, Great-Grandma Kelly.


My granddaughter is so slender that I used a elastic gathered band in the back of the sundress so it would fit her better.  I wish that I could find the type of elastic that you can sew multiple row of stitching through, and it doesn't loose it's ability to retract.
But, I think this is a viable solution to the problem.





































 I like to gather fabric like this.

First, using your longest stitch, sew 2 rows of stitching. One at 3/8 inch and one at 6/8 inch.

Pull the ends of the threads that came from the bobbin. With your fingers move the gathers down the fabric.
Pin to your connecting fabric at 5/8 inch. Notice how the gathers are even and straight up.  You don't get gathers that are puckers.   







Smiles,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...