Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

How to Design and Build a Built-in Bookcase with a Windowseat

My blog friend, Elizabeth from Simple Simon and Company, is asking her blog friends about some suggestions on creating a living room that you love.  So I sent her a comment and invited her to take a look at my finished built-in bookcase with
 a connecting windowseat.  


Adding this architectural detail to my room made such a difference!

It all started with this set of arched bookcases that I purchased from Craigslist.

Since I posted 10 times as I worked on this project, I wanted to make it easy for you to see all the steps involved in making it come all together from the beginning to even making the cushion and pillows.
Just click here to see the whole story.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5,   Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, and Part 10.  

So Elizabeth, my advice is to add architectural interest.

By the way, I'm not finished with my living room either. Any advice from my readers about what to add next?
I'm thinking about adding this coffee table in front of the couch.

Smiles,
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Love the way the built-ins and window seat turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That built-in turned an empty room, with no purpose, into a special place. I love when my granddaughter go in there and choose a book to read in the window seat.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...